Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Need Help Planning A Trip

Posted by dbar1982 on 14/8/2009 at 01:35

My friends and I (8 guys total) are planning on going to Thailand from December 26th - January 3rd. We've heard all about some great places, but we don't where to start.

Does anyone know a travel agent/agency that might help us plan the trip? What are some of places we have to visit (keep in mind we are all single guys age 26-28)?

#1 dbar1982 has been a member since 14/8/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by chrispyrolls on 14/8/2009 at 03:47

for the time you have i would just fly into Bangkok, then head south to an island - weather wise somewhere like Ko Pha Ngan would be ok (check here ), and party wise too i would imagine :)

you're planning on being there over New Year which will be busy... but shed loads of fun!

i suppose tho if you were looking for a little culture and historic buildings somewhere like Chiang Mai would do it... altho somehow i suspect that is not your plan :-0

#2 chrispyrolls has been a member since 2/11/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 198
 Send chrispyrolls a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by dbar1982 on 14/8/2009 at 05:04

You suspect correctly. I wouldn't mind seeing all the country has to offer, but my friends are pretty focused. The main intention of the trip is to party, hang on the beach, and hook up with pretty girls.

Would you happen to know of a company, site, or source where we can properly plan our trip?

#3 dbar1982 has been a member since 14/8/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by SBE on 14/8/2009 at 05:18

Have you tried here on this site? Top of the page ... click on "islands" and "Thailand". Tons of info about how to do it all by yourself. It's easy, really easy. You don't need a travel agent but do book accommodation in advance. Ko Phangan will be mobbed when you're going.

#4 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,037
 Send SBE a private message   Where has SBE been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.