Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Visa for Thailand

Posted by michelleusher on 31/8/2006 at 20:57

Hello, Iam heading to Thailand for 3 months from U.K. After 1 month I will be crossing over to Laos then back into thailnd for last 6 weeks. Any ideas on what kinda visa I should get? I was thinking of getting a 90 day visa before I leave but it says that its single entry only......any help would be muchly appreciated.

#1 michelleusher has been a member since 31/8/2006. Posts: 15

Posted by steviej on 31/8/2006 at 21:37

Hi Michelle,

As you probably already know, a visa on arrival is valid for 30 days. The correct method would be to apply to the Office of Immigration Bureau in Bangkok. Although that's no guarantee you'll be issued with one.

The old trick was to cross the border for a couple of days and return, although I'm not sure if that can still be done. I meet a UK citizen on Ko Pha Ngan in the mid 90s who had been there for 7 or 8 months, he used to ferry back to the mainland, jump a train to northern Malaysia and spend a couple of days on Langkawi. (Jammy bleeder). Then head back to his beach bungalow for MORE relaxation.


Who wants Fat Hair............

#2 steviej has been a member since 18/3/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 266
 Send steviej a private message   Where has steviej been?   Website 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Posted by somtam2000 on 1/9/2006 at 03:57 admin

Hi michelleusher,

Welcome to Travelfish!

Your best best would be to get a tourist visa (which is valid for 60-90 days depending on the consulate that issues it) and which is single entry. When you return from Laos you'll be granted what is called a 30-day visa free entry (I'm assuming you're on a UK passport) which will allow you to stay in the country for 30 days which will tide you over to your departure date.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,943
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.