Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

floating markets

Posted by splashtree on 23/8/2009 at 22:17

landing in bangkok start of sept. was looking for info on the famous floating markets in and around bangkok.

does anyone have a personal recommendations of the markets, either in bangkok or just outside

#1 splashtree has been a member since 14/8/2009. Posts: 19

Posted by BruceMoon on 24/8/2009 at 05:40

The one I know is at Damnoen Saduak. It's about 100k from Bangkok, and you should be floating along the klongs by about 8am. Unless you've got access to early start transport, you may seek to stay nearby overnight.

This market is on the same road as to Kanchanaburi, and ppl sometimes head there after the market enjoyment.

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by busylizzy on 24/8/2009 at 05:51

Hi Splash,

I stayed in an area called Amphawa last year, and loved it. Our accommodation was right on the river with the floating market outside our door. It only runs on the weekends, and is aimed at the locals rather than tourists.

I posted about theis earlier here: - and there are other posts about other markets as well.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by splashtree on 24/8/2009 at 17:10

thanks for the feedback. just want to go so i can say i've done it. my look to stay overnight and get up early

#4 splashtree has been a member since 14/8/2009. Posts: 19

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.