Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Football in Thailand

Posted by Lakey on 1/9/2009 at 19:37

Hi all

I'm going to be in Bangkok from early November and then travelling north from there. I was thinking of trying to get to a local football match if at all possible maybe in Bangkok or somewhere else on my travels. I've not been able to find any info on when the football season is in Thailand and if there will even be any games on when I am there. Has anyone been to a game in Bangkok and how safe is it for a tourist on their own to go?

All help / advice welcome

Thanks

#1 Lakey has been a member since 29/7/2009. Posts: 8

Posted by MADMAC on 1/9/2009 at 21:50

There are local games here in Muk. I can find out the schedule if you'd like. They have a "stadium" of sorts, but the team isn't very good.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by Lakey on 1/9/2009 at 22:16

Thanks for that. It's probably a bit of an odd request but something that I thought would be cool to experience. I'm thinking of doing the same in Vietnam, altough I have read that it could be a more intense with the fans out there in the big cities!

#3 Lakey has been a member since 29/7/2009. Posts: 8

Posted by MADMAC on 1/9/2009 at 22:21

Where I live it's not very intense, because the teams just aren't very good.

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.