Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Koh Libong and Koh Bulon Lae

Posted by saraedario on 2/9/2009 at 18:30

Hi,

We will go to Thailand end of Dec/ beginning of January (not the best period I guess!)to Koh Libong and to Koh Bulon Lae.

Does anybody have any tips, recommandations?

Thanks
Sara & Dario

#1 saraedario has been a member since 2/9/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 3/9/2009 at 07:01 admin

Weather wise Decemebr and January should be great. They'll be more people -- especially on Ko Bulon Lae -- but still a fraction of the crowds you'll see on the other more popular islands.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,707
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by tezza on 3/9/2009 at 07:04

I'm going back to Bulon Lae in early December and will have a bunch of new pix and info on my Bulong page first link below by mid Dec which might help you.

I revisited Libong not too long ago - stayed at Le Dugong which was pretty sweet. But I reckon the best all-round place is the joint I used first visit, Libong Beach Resort which is right next door.
Note that Libong Nature Resort got some critiscisms while I was there which sparked a lively response from the resident-manager on my page.

I recently stumbled on a really well-written account of Libong and Nature Resort by a guy called Hans Meier - he seems to be a better photographer than me too. I don't think Hans was too gruntled with Nature Resort.
http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader2007/reader4189.htm

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.