Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Trekking and Rafting Northern Thailand

Posted by ano_1 on 10/9/2009 at 15:54

Hi All,
I would greatly appreciate some information/opinions/advice on trekking and bamboo rafting in Northern Thailand. What areas and operators should I look to? We are a family of 5 with young teenage kids. Trekkng through beautiful country, with some bamboo rafting thrown in the mix would be fantastic. Open to whole day, overnighting or longer.

Many thanks for taking the time to help.

#1 ano_1 has been a member since 9/9/2009. Posts: 20

Posted by BruceMoon on 10/9/2009 at 17:05

ano

Are you only limited to northern Thailand? I ask as there is some good trekking/rafting in northern Laos.

As for trekking, I like Chiang Dao - it's reviewed here on TF. Not only for the trekking, but also I really like The Nest as accommodation (especially their gourmet food).

And, for rafting, many head for Pai - also reviewed here on TF.

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by somtam2000 on 10/9/2009 at 18:44 admin

Pretty much any trek out of any of the main trekking centres, can include rafting and elephant riding.
There's some good background reading on the site to get you started. See:

Trekking in Thailand
10 Thailand treks aside from Chiang Mai

More questions? ask away!

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.