Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Looking for 1 more island to Ko Kradan...

Posted by boleslav on 24/9/2009 at 03:57

After slots of reading we are set on the Ko Kradan island for few days.
But still looking for one more island to visit in this area where one could enjoy the nature, walks, kayaking, not the crowds. Can you help me please?

#1 boleslav has been a member since 30/8/2009. Posts: 86

Posted by SBE on 24/9/2009 at 06:14

There are two islands very near Ko Kradan (Ngai and Muk). Muk had kayaks last time I was there are it's bigger so you could do some walking there too.

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,019
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by tezza on 24/9/2009 at 08:58

I can't remember whether an earlier message from you said you were going before Tigerline kicks in. If so, Ngai or Muk are best choices. Muk has the most contrast to Kradan.

If after Tigerline has started, Ko Libong is another alternative. Real nice island with minimal tourist impact - I think all 3 resorts (Libong Beach, Le Dugon, Nature Resort) have kayaks - Nature has a rep for higher prices than the others.
Libong is a bit of a hassle if Tigerline is not running - you will have to go back to Trang and out to Hat Yao pier.

Laoliang is next stop after Hat Yao pier on Tigerline (although you can spend some time at the pier swapping Tigerline boats if one is not on time) and has good snorkelling, great nature, climbing, kayaks - no walks.
Big hassle to reach from Kradan if Tigerline aint running.

If you are heading back towards Krabi, Ko Jum is a nice possibility.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,339
 Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/9/2009 at 15:49 admin

Can also do a boat trip out to Ko Rok...

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by boleslav on 24/9/2009 at 22:33

thank you!
the Tigerline ferry starts on Dec 1st this year, and we plan to go in November.

#5 boleslav has been a member since 30/8/2009. Posts: 86

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.