Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Andaman gulf beginning of December

Posted by Seba on 28/9/2009 at 20:58

Hi,
I'm planning on going to the Andaman Gulf (Khao Sak, Similan Islands, Koh Phi Phi, Krabi, Railey) at the beginning of December. My questions:
will these be overcrowded that time of the year, or is it only really bad from mid-Dember on? Is it much different from let's say end of October? And is it affordable (I'm a backpacker)?
How many days will I need to do the above (I scheduled around 10 days)

#1 Seba has been a member since 28/4/2009. Posts: 54

Posted by tezza on 29/9/2009 at 06:56

I reckon beginning of Dec in the Andaman is a pretty good time to travel. I'll be there again this year!
It'll be a fair bit busier than the end of October which is dead set low season - but most places will be relaxed.
Exceptions - Phi Phi is normally popular at this time, as is Railay. Maybe a bit quieter this year because of the tourism slump.
You could do all your places in 5 days, but travelling between most locations will burn time - if you could allocate a day or two more that would not hurt.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.