Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Koh Lanta accommodation

Posted by lineborella on 3/10/2009 at 21:58

Me and my boyfriend are going to Koh Lanta start Nov. Looking for a place to stay but I´m getting quiet confused now browsing around all these opportunities.
Budget: 1600-3000 THB
What beach is the best?
What resort/hotel/bungalow is the best?
Any recommendations?
We are looking for a place that is quiet, but not too quiet. Rather young people than too many children, nice bars and rest, sandy beach...

Looking forward to receiving your recommendations.

#1 lineborella has been a member since 12/7/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by tezza on 4/10/2009 at 09:14

I reckon Long Beach is the best all rounder - close to the ferry, nice sand, water not too shallow at low tide (except far south end), lots of accommodation, restaurants, bars but not overbuilt.
Lanta Palm Beach there is a nice one I have stayed at - the better bungalows should be towards the lower end of your budget. Because it has an associated dive outfit there are usually quite a few younger people at the resort.
But the thing is, Long Beach has so much nice accommodation this is just one possiblility. And Lanta has so many nice beaches, Long beach is just one possibility.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,339
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.