Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

6/7 weeks in thailand/cambodia & vietnam

Posted by chivers on 7/10/2009 at 17:01

We'll be travelling out in early january - arriving in bangkok we're we will stay for 3 days then to chaing maifor 3 days, from chaing mai we wish to head to siam reap, phom penh then ho chi minh & then its back through thailand to the south to visit islands ko samui etc. It seems the train is most viable for most journeys. Whats our best option coming back from vietman heading to surat thani & apart from what i've mentioned is there anywhere else we should give our time to, especially in cambodia & vietnam ( i don't think we'll be planning heading far north in vietnam tho). Thanks in advance.

#1 chivers has been a member since 7/10/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/10/2009 at 12:05 admin

I'd look at flying from Ho Chi Minh City back to Bangkok -- just to save time.

Bangkok to Siem Reap overland is covered here:

If you're looking at breaking up the trip from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, take a look here:

And, Bangkok to the islands is covered here:

More questions, ask away.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.