Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

NYE FMP Koh Phangan which beach

Posted by jodie6104 on 8/10/2009 at 18:36

My husband and I are planning to go to the FMP this NYE. We have been advised three beaches to stay on: Haad Yao(west), Haad Salad and Thong Nai Pan Noi.

Which is best? we want somewhere pretty chilled, with good food and nice places to stay (it is our honeymoon so any suggestions welcome for up to 3000 Baht a night) but with not too tricky access to the FMP

Many thanks

#1 jodie6104 has been a member since 8/10/2009. Posts: 9

Posted by greenman42 on 8/10/2009 at 22:47

With your budget you should have a lot of nice places to choose from. It doesn't really matter where you stay, transport to the party will not be a problem.
Leela beach is really nice, but maybe a little close to Haad Rin to Honeymoon, congratulations! I like Baan Thai, and will probably stay there again, I'll also be there for New years.
Read this story if you want to get a few more choices

#2 greenman42 has been a member since 18/9/2009. Posts: 63

Posted by greenman42 on 8/10/2009 at 22:56

This one is worth a read too.

#3 greenman42 has been a member since 18/9/2009. Posts: 63

Posted by tezza on 9/10/2009 at 18:27

I stayed on Hat Salad in August and revisited the other two.
Salad is the nicest beach IMHO, but the others aint shabby.
Biggest selection of accommodation, restaurants, bars etc is Yao, followed by TNP Noi and then Salad, which is not lacking.
Beaches are about equal, best snorkelling probably Salad, deepest water low tide for swimming TNP Noi.
Easiest to access the FMP from is Yao, but Salad is only about 2km further. TNP Noi is probably a bit closer, but the road is much rougher - good roads from Yao and Salad.
I stayed at Cookies on Salad, real nice place with stunning views, pool, good restaurant - easily meets your budget.

#4 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,344

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.