Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

ayuthaya from Bangkok airport

Posted by backpack on 17/10/2009 at 21:20

Is there a way going to ayuthaya straight from the airport?
how much does a taxi suppose to cost?

#1 backpack has been a member since 8/10/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by CunningMcFar on 17/10/2009 at 22:46

we agreed on 1000THB last fall for taxi from the official queue (meter off for out of town trips), took about 90 min. Might be able to bargain it lower.

#2 CunningMcFar has been a member since 20/8/2004. Posts: 163
 Send CunningMcFar a private message   Where has CunningMcFar been? 

Posted by DLuek on 18/10/2009 at 01:12 TF writer

Certainly no more than 1000 baht for the taxi, though you may be able to bargain down to around 800. Otherwise you can take a taxi from the airport to Morchit (northern) bus station and catch a bus from there (as I recall, when you walk in the terminal the booths for Ayutthaya are not hard to find and have good signs in English). I'm guessing a taxi from Suvarnabhumi to Morchit would run around 200 baht, and the bus ticket from there to Ayutthaya is something like 70 baht/person. There are other ways too (train, mini-bus from Victory Monument, tourist bus from Khao San), but I've not tried any of those.

Good luck,

#3 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,177
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by exacto on 18/10/2009 at 07:53

back in the day when Don Muang was Bangkok's main airport, after arriving on the redeye flights from Europe I'd take the pedestrian bridge across the road to the small Don Muang train station and catch a train directly to Ayutthaya from there, as most trains coming through that station stop in Ayutthaya. it's a classy, scenic, cheap, and reasonably short train trip and Ayutthaya was a great place for a day or two to get past jet lag.

i imagine that in addition to the good suggestions above, you could catch the airport bus that goes to Don Muang and then connect by train from there. might be another, less expensive option for you.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,679
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.