Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Proof that you're leaving?

Posted by emma066 on 28/10/2009 at 20:45

I am heading to Thailand in May, travelling North and then entering Laos by bus, travelling across Laos by bus/boat, into Cambodia, into Vietnam and up the coast.
The only flight I am taking is at the end when I fly Hanoi > Bangkok and this is around 3 months later.

My question is -
How do I prove I am leaving Thailand within 30 days for VISA purposes?

#1 emma066 has been a member since 21/10/2009. Posts: 60

Posted by bronzedwarrior on 28/10/2009 at 21:19

Are you British ( ie. Hold a British Passport... )?

I'm guessing you are...

If so, apply for a Tourist Visa at the Royal Thai Consulate in Liverpool. You can do this by post ( Special delivery there, special delivery back - £4.95 each way ). They will be able to issue a Tourist Visa with 3 entries for free, this is valid for 6 months from the date of issue and each entry gives you a maximum of 60 days in Thailand.

My understanding is the free visas are only available until sometime in March 2010 ( Maybe April ) so if you applied for the visa around February this should solve any issues you have.

I used them for my visa ( I live in Birmingham, UK - The Consulate there is nowhere near as good as the Liverpool one ). The service was excellent, very friendly, helpful but, most impressively of all, they were lightening quick... 3 working days from start to finish!

Number for the Liverpool Consulate is 0151-2550504.

Hope that helps.

#2 bronzedwarrior has been a member since 23/11/2007. Posts: 41
 Send bronzedwarrior a private message 

Posted by emma066 on 28/10/2009 at 21:24

Yes I am - thanks very much.

#3 emma066 has been a member since 21/10/2009. Posts: 60

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.