Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Waited too long to book my KPN accommodation!

Posted by angfonz on 30/10/2009 at 17:24

I'm bringing my 18 year old brother to Ko Phangan for the New Years Eve / FM party this christmas. He's pretty wild and wont be happy unless he has some sort of nightlife in the location we stay.

The problem is, I've waited too long to book. Literally every single place that can be booked through travelfish is full in Haad Rin and Haad Saikantang.

Can anyone reccomend a place that's either close enough to the Haad Rin area to make commuting easy, or another area of the island that has some sort of night life?

We dont need clubs, per se, just an availability of good drinking bar and young travelers to hang out with.

Thanks in advance.

#1 angfonz has been a member since 7/7/2009. Posts: 36

Posted by angfonz on 30/10/2009 at 17:25

Still waiting on that edit button.

I meant to say that every place in Haad Rin and Haad Saikantang is full.

Maybe I should proof read.

#2 angfonz has been a member since 7/7/2009. Posts: 36

Posted by tezza on 30/10/2009 at 18:24

Do a google for Lighthouse - around the rocks east of Leela Beach (Had Saikantan).

Then start checking out places in Ban Tai and other regions along the south coast - constant transport into nearby Hat Rin.

A beach with some nighlife is Thong Nai Pan - pretty nice area too. There is transport down to the party. But there is transport from all over Phangan party night - the only one which would be real difficult would be Bottle Beach.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,344

Posted by angfonz on 31/10/2009 at 02:34

I'm not worried about missing out on the party by staying on another beach. I am just looking for a place that has nightlife for the nights that we don't want to travel down to Haad Rin. A few good drinking bars with a cool crowd would be more than enough.

#4 angfonz has been a member since 7/7/2009. Posts: 36

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.