Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Accomodation in Chiangmai

Posted by Tapsiful on 7/11/2009 at 23:00

Hi there,

I need accommodation in Muang Chiangmai for two months with fast internet connection but I don't want to spend lot of cash for a hotel room. Basically any kind of raunchy room would do, the only important thing is the internet connection. Could somebody suggest me where I should look for this kind of rooms/flats?

Or is there any reliable 3G network provider in Chiangmai that provides broadband wireless internet for which foreigners can subscribe?

#1 Tapsiful has been a member since 9/6/2009. Posts: 11

Posted by sirhalberd on 8/11/2009 at 02:40

How much do you want to spend per night for a room? Don't say cheap or economy use a baht figure.

Here is one suggestion you can look over. This place has WiFi.

Can you stay in Thailand for 2 months?

Good luck.

#2 sirhalberd has been a member since 30/12/2007. Posts: 295
 Send sirhalberd a private message 

Posted by neosho on 8/11/2009 at 08:02

Trigong is a good place but going to be a little expensive this time of year. WiFi is not too bad. Thailand does not have 3G yet. Chai's Bar across the soi is excellent for food and drink and has WiFi also.

#3 neosho has been a member since 13/8/2008. Posts: 386

Posted by Tapsiful on 8/11/2009 at 16:03

I don't want to spend more than 4000-4500 baht/month so I'm not looking for hostels or guesthouses. I'm looking for a simple flat but I have no idea where to look for such. I can find only guesthouse and hostel finders/advertisements on the net.

I can stay for 60 days in Thailand and I can get it extended with another 30 days in Bangkok.

After a little search I found this:

So, there is actually 3G service in Chiangmai but it's post-paid so maybe foreigners can't subscribe for it. Do anyone has experience with this?

#4 Tapsiful has been a member since 9/6/2009. Posts: 11

Posted by Captain_Bob on 9/11/2009 at 14:00

There are many rooms for rent by the month in Chiang Mai with optional wifi at extra cost. Many of them are not advertised online, but check out for examples.

#5 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,911

Posted by Tapsiful on 9/11/2009 at 15:18

Thank you very much Captain_Bob!

This is exactly what I was looking for.

#6 Tapsiful has been a member since 9/6/2009. Posts: 11

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.