Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

KOH SAMUI BEACH

Posted by rc on 15/11/2009 at 06:07

Hi there want to book a resort on powdery sand beach and crystal clear water ?? what part of koh samui would you recommend ?? travelling end of april ...

#1 rc has been a member since 8/11/2009. Posts: 18

Posted by tezza on 15/11/2009 at 11:43

Well I reckon the Muang north Chaweng area mentioned in your other post is pretty nice.

In August I stayed at two other attractive locations fit the bill - Thongtakian Resort at Thong Ta Kien a small beach just north of Lamai on the road to Chaweng - and at First House, a good value midranger in a fabulous position at the far southern end of Chaweng, because it has immediate access to both Chaweng and Chaweng Noi - a smaller (but not small) very nice beach to to the south of Chaweng main. I thought the beach here was the equal to the area around Muang - the adjacent southern end of Chaweng main is maybe a bit inferior except if you enjoy way fewer people.

I reckon Lamai has some nice sections. I particularly like the southern quarter of the beach.

Coral Bay is another small Thong Ta Kien like place between Thon Ta Kien and Chaweng Noi. I thought it not quite as nice as Thong Ta Kien.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,339
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.