Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

From Ao Nang to Ko Lanta...

Posted by themudblood on 19/11/2009 at 15:30

Hey guys,

Can anyone pls advise me on the following:
a. The best and cheapest way to get to Ko Lanta from Ao Nang?
b. Is it possible to do a day-trip to Ko Lanta? If yes, what are the highlights?

Thank you vm!

themudblood, my

#1 themudblood has been a member since 13/3/2007. Posts: 15

Posted by tezza on 20/11/2009 at 12:52

The best way is by the Ao Nang Princess or sister ship which starts at Ao Nang, picks up off Railay/Ton Sai and goes on to Lanta. Andaman Island Hopping website and a lot of Lanta websites will have details.

If for some reason this ferry is not running you can get a couple of songthaews to the Krabi town pier and pick up a ferry there.

Cheapest way is songthaew into Krabi town, go to Soi 6 and catch one of the (roughly) hourly minibuses onto Lanta via the vehicle punts. These will usually deliver to resorts etc down island. You won't save a heap this way and it is more time consuming, less scenic.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Posted by tezza on 20/11/2009 at 12:58

Oh yeah, day trips.
I'm not sure whether the timing of the ferries allows enough time on Lanta to check it out. Gotta be careful too - I heard last year there was only one ferry each way, in the morning, despite what the websites said.

If you got a real early minibus from Soi 6 and a real late one back, it could work. But you would be looking at many hours just getting there and back.

It's possibele one of the travel companies in Ao Nang/Krabi do a Lanta daytrip. This might involve a speedboat (expensive) or a minibus. Maybe Google can help.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Posted by themudblood on 20/11/2009 at 14:58

tezza, very kind of you.
thank you very much! :)

#4 themudblood has been a member since 13/3/2007. Posts: 15

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.