Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Shambara boutique hostel

Posted by Louw on 15/12/2009 at 16:58

Hi all,

I'm having great difficulty in booking a double fan room in Shambara Boutique hostel just off Khao San rd, Bangkok.
Our booking is only for Feb 2010. I've phoned them a few times, but each time they put the phone down while I'm speaking. They were quite friendly though.
I've also emailed them about 7 times over the past two weeks, only my 1st email got answered.

So I've gone ahead and booked the room on HostelWorld for the 6th -8th, but now the 1st day, our arrival date, (5th Feb) is not available.

You can also not specify the fan room when doing an online booking, it only has the A/C available.

Now I need to get hold of them, to make sure they book the fan instead of the A/C and make the booking from the 5th instead of the 6th.

Does anyone have advice or an alternative way of contacting them?

#1 Louw has been a member since 4/12/2009. Location: South Africa. Posts: 14
 Send Louw a private message 

Posted by Louw on 16/12/2009 at 18:24

no worries,

Sorted this out. Got hold of the 'boss lady' who knows everything.

#2 Louw has been a member since 4/12/2009. Location: South Africa. Posts: 14

Posted by shadek on 21/12/2009 at 01:42

Hi Louw,

How did you get in touch with her??? I'm having the same problem, reservation for Feb/10, can only book online an AC single room, but I would rather have the fan one. On their website they announce the single fan room for 280, but either here on TF and on HostelWorld it says 390.

Thanks!
Sani

#3 shadek has been a member since 30/11/2009. Posts: 37

Posted by Louw on 21/12/2009 at 09:08

Hi Sani,

I just kept phoning them cause i was desperate, they seem quite popular and probably get full quickly.

When you phone them on: +66 0282 7968, ask for Niki, the boss. Or ask for her cellphone number. She handles all the bookings. I think this is her number: +66 81839 5170, but double check.

I asked her about the prices that differ, she just quoted me the cheaper one (500B for double fan). I paid the 10% deposit on Hostelworld for 3 (instead of 4) nights, and she said it's fine, she'll reserve the room for 4 nights and she told us the correct balance of the room we have to pay when we get there.

It's a shame they don't have someone who can speak English when you phone their main reception, it would've made things so much easier.

Good luck!

#4 Louw has been a member since 4/12/2009. Location: South Africa. Posts: 14

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.