Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Samui for Christmas and Ko Phangan for New Year!

Posted by katiewilliams88 on 20/12/2009 at 16:16

Hey guys,
I've been in Ko Samui for 5 days now and it only seems to be full of couples and families are there any single travellers out there keen on meeting up to celebrate Christmas?
My hostel is a bit out on the way at the moment, which has stopped me getting about a bit and put me off staying late at night, but on Wednesday I move further down the coast.
I don't know if anyone is struggling to find accomodation in Ko Phangan for New Year, but I have stupidly paid for a twin room, so would be very greatful if someone would care to share the cost and have a great time with me!

#1 katiewilliams88 has been a member since 20/12/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by greenman42 on 21/12/2009 at 09:26

Hey Katie, I'm also on Samui at the moment, how do you like the rain?
I'm staying with a friend in Lamai, and will be here for Christmas, maybe you'd like to join us on Christmas Day. She lives here and knows a place that is doing a buffet lunch, I'll find out where and post later if you're interested. I'm also thinking about Panghan for FM New Year, but will have to see, I have no accom and am deciding whether to just boat across for the night. I would rather stay for a while as I love that island. You shouldn't have a problem sub letting your room closer to the time, might even be able to turn a profit. I'm hearing rumours of 50 000 people and the island only has 4000 beds or so. It will be a case of who you want to share with. Planning is not my strong suit at the moment, I'm just taking each day as it comes. Probably going to go to the Green Mango in Chaweng tonight for a couple, let me know if you want to meet for a drink somewhere.

#2 greenman42 has been a member since 18/9/2009. Posts: 63

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.