Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Another visa question

Posted by appro on 7/1/2010 at 03:39

Apologies in advance for asking questions probably asked 100 times before. I've read some conflicting info, so I wanted clarification.

I'm flying into Thailand so I know I'll get a 30 day visa, but from there I'll be crossing by land into Laos and then Cambodia. I then plan to fly from Cambodia into Thailand to get another 30 day visa, then eventually travel overland to Singapore where I fly to Oz. So:

1) I read recently that I need proof of onward travel to get a 30 day visa. My singapore flight is 4 months after my first Thailand entry. Will I encounter a problem with this?

2) Are there any issues with flying from Cambodia to Thailand, in terms of getting another 30 day visa?

Your help and patience is appreciated.

Chris.

#1 appro has been a member since 9/5/2009. Posts: 32

Posted by Lother on 7/1/2010 at 06:26

I understand proof of onward travel is technically required, but I've never been asked for any in around 15 entries into Thailand by plane or overland.

#2 Lother has been a member since 12/5/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 214

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/1/2010 at 12:52 admin

Hi Chris,

As per Lother. In theory you need proof, but in practise legitimate tourists are not asked for it.

2) No.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by appro on 7/1/2010 at 14:04

Many thanks guys.

#4 appro has been a member since 9/5/2009. Posts: 32

Posted by appro on 1/2/2010 at 17:03

Just resurrecting this post.

I've recently read about people not being allowed to board their flight to Thailand because they don't have proof of onward travel within 30 days. I'm flying from HK to BKK with Air Asia and I don't have proof of onward travel. Should I be concerned?

#5 appro has been a member since 9/5/2009. Posts: 32

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.