Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Cheap places to stay for single traveller in Railay and Ko Lanta

Posted by madSEM on 19/1/2010 at 14:41

I'm travelling down to Railay and Ko Lanta in a few days time. Could anyone suggest a cheap place to stay in either of these places? Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

#1 madSEM has been a member since 19/1/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by Halilee on 20/1/2010 at 01:17

If you want to stay on West Railay, there's only really one option that is moderately priced and that's Sand Sea Resort which is quite lovely.

Outside of that, your options for cheap would best be made on East Railay. East Railay isn't really a swimming beach however west Railay and another fantastic beach of Phra Nang is only a 5 min walk in either direction and East Railay has a decent selection of restaurants and a few bars as well. Cheapest Place on East Railay would be Yaya, which runs for about 450 bht a night and up.

For pricing, you can check out this site:
FOr ease, the Krabi hotels are here:

We've booked through sawasdee about a dozen times now and they've been very reliable and either cheaper or comparable to any other booking agency. Good luck and have fun!

#2 Halilee has been a member since 4/5/2008. Posts: 11

Posted by madSEM on 20/1/2010 at 12:31

Thank you very much for the information and link. I know its still peak season so it will be hard to find anywhere too cheap but I will definitely look at sawasdee.

#3 madSEM has been a member since 19/1/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by busylizzy on 20/1/2010 at 22:10

Hey MadSEM - I'm in the same boat. Looking for cheap accom on Koh Pha Nang, Koh Tao and Raileh. Would be interested to know if you come up with any recommendations for single travelling.

I stayed at Sandsea Resort 2 years ago (low season) and the 4 for 3 night deal was pretty good then. But rates are still on the high side now!

I'll check out - thanks Halilee.

#4 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.