Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Tao - Chumphon - Krabi - Ao Nang - Railay - Tonsai with Fame Tours

Posted by danandhan on 20/1/2010 at 18:03

We booked a ticket to Railay at one of the many travel agents on Ko Tao .

The company is Fame Tours and we can recommend them based on our experience.

Ticket includes the following journey:
* Lompraya Ferry to Chumphon .
* Transfer from ferry port to Chumphon town where you can stop and lunch at the delicious Fame Tours cafe (awesome proper BLTs).
* Comfortable mini van to Krabi . There have been reports of these being crammed, I guess we got lucky. Plenty of room and a few DVDs played in the van.
* Stop at Krabi town and a new van to Ao Nang .
* In Ao Nang they took us to a resort where a connection is available for those wishing to go to Railay.
* Given our late arrival, we decided to not risk trying to get a long tail from Ao Nang beach (usually harder and more expensive after 6pm) and instead joined them on their boat for an extra 100 THB each.
* The boat goes to Railay East.
* We then walked to Railay West and then Tonsai beach as the tide was low - this is not recommended with bags as it is a treacherous path. A boat from Railay West to Tonsai would have been more sensible.

We departed Ko Tao on the 10am ferry and arrived in Tonsai after 8pm.

#1 danandhan has been a member since 10/12/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by BONNEFOY on 23/1/2011 at 23:07

Hello
I am e Franch man and woman .
I want going to Krabi the 18 March . I have a reservation in Ko TAO to 14 at 18 March .
Thank you for your best reservation in Fast Ferry and Mini Bus .
Please give me your contact .
Thank you very much

#2 BONNEFOY has been a member since 23/1/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by tezza on 24/1/2011 at 14:53

Thanks for that input Dan. I would never had thought of going Tao-Krabi via Chumpon, as initially you are going in the opposite direction. But hell, I was going in the opposite direction in June when I went Tao-Phuket via Chumpon, and it seemed by far the easier route time and cost wise.

It's unusual for a boat to go Ao Nang to EAST Railay. And given your 100 baht was little more only on the standard Ao Nang/WEST Railay 80 baht - I reckon that is good value. I'd pay way more than + 20 to be taken a fair bit further past the best landscape/seascape in Thailand.
But yeah, if my final destination was Ton Sai - maybe not.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.