Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

24 day Itinerary question

Posted by jakethedog on 25/1/2010 at 13:28

This is what we had planned

4 nites bkk, fly to Chiang mai

8 nites chiang mai and area fly to Krabi or Phuket

9 nites Krabi, Ko lanta and other spots, train to Kanchanburi

2 nites kanchanburi return to bkk

would this be do able or should we return to bkk after chiang mai, train to kanchanburi and then go to Krabi and area and return to bkk by plane.

Leaving in 3 weeks so any thought, opinions or reccommendations and help would be appreciated.

Thanks Dan

#1 jakethedog has been a member since 22/11/2008. Posts: 20

Posted by mikethediver on 26/1/2010 at 06:19

Not sure if you can fly direct from Chang Mai to either Phuket or Krabi without returning to BKK. Same is true of Kanchanburi. the trains must stop in BKK main station. The trains to Kanchanburi mostly run from Thorn buri (aka Bangkok Noi) so you would need to change stations across Bangkok. The best way to Kanchanburi is by bus from the southern bus station.

You need to work out your flights & rail trips. Kanachanburi can be fitted in any time but I think it is worth more than 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Send mikethediver a private message   Website 

Posted by mic59 on 26/1/2010 at 14:54

Nothing I can find from Chiang Mai to Krabi. AirAsia will take you to Phuket from Chiang Mai but with booking within 3 weeks it would cost over 4000THB, about $125US. There are a lot of agents in Chiang Mai and I'm sure one of them could get you a better deal.

#3 mic59 has been a member since 30/7/2008. Posts: 107

Posted by EmjayReet on 30/1/2010 at 16:21

I would personally go to Kanchanaburi from Bangkok either when you are first there or after Chiang Mai... then head to Krabi afterwards..

#4 EmjayReet has been a member since 4/7/2006. Location: Australia. Posts: 156

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.