Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

a peaceful week on the andaman coast

Posted by sheisaeval on 26/1/2010 at 06:34

I'll be flying in to the Phuket airport and I'll have a week, where should I go?

I would like a laid back place that's quiet and peaceful and has great views, with cheap bungalows to stay at. No party beaches.

I am thinking about going to either the Koh Yao islands, the Khao Lak coast, Koh jum, or koh lanta.

What would you suggest? What would be the easiest way to get to these places from Phuket? Which of these choices would you suggest?

If anyone has been to Bali, I'm looking more of the Nusa Lembongan type setting, NOT the Kuta type setting. Thanks!

#1 sheisaeval has been a member since 21/1/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by Seba on 26/1/2010 at 15:26

I suggest "Relax beach resort" on the east side of Koh Phi Phi... and a liveaboard (or stay in the NP) at the Similan Islands

#2 Seba has been a member since 28/4/2009. Posts: 54

Posted by christof on 27/1/2010 at 20:34

Staying in the National Parks is an excellent idea. Similan and Surin National Parks are simply stunning.

Otherwise come and stay at Mr.Chuoi's on Koh Phra Thong

#3 christof has been a member since 23/7/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 55
 Send christof a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.