Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

East Coast / Islands

Posted by nedders on 27/1/2010 at 06:07

I'm spending 2 weeks with friends on the East of the Peninsula in Thailand and was wondering what people can recommend on the East coast of the main land? Would be good to do some different things. Also re islands have been to Ko Samui and Phangan, which are great but has anyone been to Ko AngTong or Ko Phaluai?
Many thanks!

#1 nedders has been a member since 24/7/2006. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 27/1/2010 at 09:07 admin

What time of the year will you be there? Will help to give some more useful info as some is weather dependent.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by sassie on 20/1/2011 at 09:04

Has anyone stayed on Ko Phaluai?
What's it like, is it as beautiful/nice/cheap as the surrounding islands? Is it cheaper as its less popular?

Thanks, I may be going there in two weeks.

#3 sassie has been a member since 20/1/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by tezza on 24/1/2011 at 15:55

I'm not sure you can stay there. From what I've experienced the only accommodation in the Ang Thong region is at the National Park HQ island. Maybe they would let you pitch a tent on Phalai. Perhaps the National Park website can inform

#4 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Posted by Tennouji on 24/1/2011 at 15:59

@sassie, could you let us know how it is if you do go there. Thanks.

#5 Tennouji has been a member since 22/9/2007. Location: Japan. Posts: 132
 Send Tennouji a private message 

Posted by Tennouji on 24/1/2011 at 15:59

@sassie, could you let us know how it is if you do go there. Thanks.

#6 Tennouji has been a member since 22/9/2007. Location: Japan. Posts: 132
 Send Tennouji a private message 

Posted by clydebrook on 25/1/2011 at 18:50

Hello Friend........

Last year I visited this island with my family and its such a wonderful place to spend holiday in a vacation...........and the food was very tasty......i really liked.......its so close too nature and attractive place.......

Well i didn't know about any other place..........Sory for that i cant help you...

But I really recommend you to visit East Coast Island once in a vacation........

To know more about villa rental spain and villas in ibiza

#7 clydebrook has been a member since 25/1/2011. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.