Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

iPhone in Thailand

Posted by walkingtrees on 8/2/2010 at 07:45

Someone has mentioned that I can remove the SIM card in my iPhone and replace it with a prepaid one that I can purchase in Bangkok upon arrival. Anyone know anything about this?

#1 walkingtrees has been a member since 25/1/2010. Posts: 58

Posted by boxee on 8/2/2010 at 23:47

is your iphone unlocked or are u locked to a carrier. if u are locked into a carrier u will have to get your phone unlocked but this might void your warranty. i always go to the mbk centre in bangkok to get my phones unlocked then u can buy a pay as u go sim card

#2 boxee has been a member since 26/3/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 131
 Send boxee a private message 

Posted by cubedweller on 13/2/2010 at 02:10

It is certainly possible to use unlock iPhones for use in Thailand as I've done so many times but it may or may not be possible to unlock your particular iPhone. It really depends on what Software Updates have been done to your phone and which model it is (i.e. 3G vs. 3GS vs. 2G). If you google for: iPhone Dev Team the first link should provide you with all the information you need to unlock your phone if it is possible.

#3 cubedweller has been a member since 23/2/2008. Posts: 35

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.