Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

food sickness: koh phi phi

Posted by melindabh on 10/2/2010 at 23:31

i noticed that on this site, they list koh phi phi as "could have been better." let me say: the island in itself is FANTASTIC, should you avoid a few traps. definitely don't go to barracuda dive shop. this may not be totally applicable to you, but: they hit on women to the point that you feel uncomfortable in their dive companionship. we felt so intimidated we had no choice but to be nice to them and they brought my friend up at at ten bar, which is TOTALLY inappropriate for anyone who is a dive professional. i could go on, but the remainder makes me feel as though i have reverted to my high school adolescence, what with the flirting and unprofessionalism. needless to say: GO ELSEWHERE.

secondly, DON'T go to hungry buffalo restaurant. the owner scratched his bugbites to the point of bleeding and the food later made me sick for the first time in my entire month long trip to thailand. there are MUCH better places to eat.

i believe that if you avoid these places, you may enjoy phi phi don. which, i truely hope you do! cheers, m.

#1 melindabh has been a member since 10/2/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by greenman42 on 11/2/2010 at 12:50

Ok geez, we get the message. No need to post it again.

#2 greenman42 has been a member since 18/9/2009. Posts: 63

Posted by Rufus on 11/2/2010 at 15:05

This is a curious post as I didn't understand half of what was posted.

#3 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 976
 Send Rufus a private message 

Posted by thorny_bird on 12/2/2010 at 10:34

Only half?

#4 thorny_bird has been a member since 12/2/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by tezza on 13/2/2010 at 13:38

C'mon guys - I got the message. And my IQ is approx 46.257.

#5 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.