Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Best Area To Stay In Ko Phiphi, Ko Lanta, Ao Nang & Ko Chang

Posted by borgy on 13/2/2010 at 19:09

Can someone please guide me in which areas of Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta, Ao Nang & Koh Chang, it's best to stay in and maybe indicate also any cheap but good guesthouses or similar accommodation to stay in these places. I'll be glad if the area indicated in any of these 4 destinations, is close to all amenities including pubs, restaurants and beaches but at the same time being an area which is not too busy, not too expensive and not too noisy. Our budget is not more than 500Baht each night per person. Just to let you know, we'll make 1 night in Phi Phi islands, 3 in Koh Lanta, 2 in Ao Nang & 3 in Koh Chang.thanks a lot.

#1 borgy has been a member since 27/1/2010. Posts: 11

Posted by kristiinaandmichal on 18/4/2010 at 22:20

in Koh lanta - Marina Resort, you can negotiate the price,nice bungalows with European standard bathroom, on pra ae beach

#2 kristiinaandmichal has been a member since 18/4/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by kristiinaandmichal on 18/4/2010 at 22:20

in Koh lanta - Marina Resort, you can negotiate the price,nice bungalows with European standard bathroom, on pra ae beach

#3 kristiinaandmichal has been a member since 18/4/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by tezza on 20/4/2010 at 19:30

Many options.
On Phi Phi one of the joints in ths Soi Viewpoint area. See TRAVELFISH on Phi phi.

Lanta - probably somewhere on Long Beach. Lanta Palm Beach is one of many good places - it has cheaper rooms not featured on the website.

Ao Nang - I prefer to stay over at Railay or Ton Sai, but Sabai Mansion at Ao Nang gets lots of good reviews.

Ko Chang - I just stayed in the backpacker/flashpacker beachfront bungalows on White Sand Beach - choose from RockSand, Mayalamean, Ko Chang Bungalows, Independent Bo, Star Beach and Pen's Bungalows. IB is funkiest, maybe Mayalamean best value and has great food.

#4 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.