Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

thai beaches and weather in early April

Posted by daphnehk on 16/2/2010 at 09:05

We had been planning to go to Koh Lanta in mid-March, but it just got pushed to early April, which I know is hotter and wetter. Would people still recommend going to that area, or is the weather iffy enough that another beach region is preferable - and if so, which one?

Many thanks!

#1 daphnehk has been a member since 16/2/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by ceedee1 on 16/2/2010 at 13:29

i was on ko lanta,pra ae (long beach) mid april last year,i was only there for about 5 days,it was hot and sunny everyday,i stayed at lanta palm beach resort which i highly recommend.

as soon as i left ko lanta and headed to phuket (where i only spent 2 nights) it was cloudy and showery everyday.even though its only a few miles up the coast,i dont know if the climate differs that much or if i was just lucky while i was on ko lanta.

i will be in the area again this april (trang/krabi/andaman sea) so fingers crossed o get the hot and sunny weather!

chohkdee :)

#2 ceedee1 has been a member since 20/1/2010. Posts: 59

Posted by lutispardon on 21/2/2010 at 12:19

I will also go to the Andaman sea, but during late April/May and I've been to Thailand before during the rainy season, and most of the time you will have maybe 1-3 hours of rain per day if you're unlucky, but i have had good weather most of the times, but of course, it will be unstabile. I prefer this time of the year because there is not much tourist there, and for me the rain is a certain relife and gives the air a nice freshness after!
Hope you'll enjoy your stay, i know i will!
Best wishes!

#3 lutispardon has been a member since 1/1/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by tezza on 21/2/2010 at 13:42

I have travelled the Andaman several times in early April. To me it seemed like dry season with a few extra storms - and way fewer travellers, more good deals on accommodation and everywhere still open/transport sitll running.
Considering I reckon full on wet season in the Andaman is still worthwhile (we are talking August/Sept/Oct) with still enough sun for a good beach holiday, early April is normally a dream.

#4 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.