Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, back to Thailand

Posted by gericdublin on 5/3/2010 at 05:02

Hi all

I'm planning a 5week trip of Thailand, and hopefully Laos and maybe Vietnam for July. Judging by previous comments, I'm trying to get in a bit too much!? I would appreciate opinions on this.

Plan to fly into bangkok, from here maybe fly to chiang mai. Have been looking at treking and elephant treks and that sort of adventure here! Then plan going from chiang mai into laos. I'm not sure how to do this. Flying seems to be expensive - flights I've looked at anyway!

Again I'm still not that knowlegeable on Laos! One of the Definities for me is tubing in Vang Vieng. Perhaps do Luang Prabang and Vientiane too.

Then from there would like to go to Vientnam. Is flying the easiest option here? Would want to fit in Hanoi, Halong Bay and again not too sure where there!

Then how to get from here back to the islands in Thailand?? Maybe would it be best to leave out Vietnam and head straight back to the islands then??? The full moon is the 28th of July, so if only starting the travelling the 10th of July roughly would prob be rushed to fit things in!!

Would be so grateful to here from you more expert travellers!! I've never travelled Asia before, so it's all new to me!!

#1 gericdublin has been a member since 5/3/2010. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.