Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Flying into Phuket late at night. Where to stay? What is our best option?

Posted by mchrysler on 5/3/2010 at 17:02

Hi, we will be flying from Canada to Phuket (almost 27hrs) on April 1st. We don't land until 11:30pm. Once we have gone though customs and received our luggage its going to be pretty late.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good hostel, that we should check into that would still be open. OR if anyone knew of a hostel/guesthouse that would do an airport transfer that early in the morning?

what is our best plan for arrival to phuket at that time in the morning?

#1 mchrysler has been a member since 24/12/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by ceedee1 on 5/3/2010 at 20:41

try boomerang inn.

in patong,friendly staff,rooms at around 1200bt per night,all the creature comforts ,hot water shower,fan and aircon etc.

#2 ceedee1 has been a member since 20/1/2010. Posts: 59

Posted by mchrysler on 7/3/2010 at 04:15

will it be open? do they do airport transfers?

#3 mchrysler has been a member since 24/12/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by ceedee1 on 7/3/2010 at 06:40

YES AND YES.

600 baht if i remember correctly.

http://www.boomeranginn.com/

#4 ceedee1 has been a member since 20/1/2010. Posts: 59

Posted by tezza on 8/3/2010 at 17:36

"HOSTEL" in the true sense is Phuket Backpackers - spotlessly clean dorm rooms (and single/doubles if you want), in the heart of Phuket town meters from the songthaews to the beaches and other Phuket destinations.
If you have booked via their website there should be someone at reception. They don't do airport pickups and that late - probably the only options will be taxis and limos. Normally the airport shuttle vans have finished and the AIRPORT BUS finishes about 2230.

But if you are wanting to stay at the beach, why not head there first night?

#5 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,345
 Website 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 8/3/2010 at 18:59 TF writer

If there are planes coming in, there will be taxis waiting for fares.

At 95% of hotels if you make a booking and tell them you will be arriving that late, check-in at 1AM is no problem.

#6 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Send idreamofdurian a private message   Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by ceedee1 on 8/3/2010 at 20:56

sorry my mistake...i thought you asked for a HOTEL not a HOSTEL.

#7 ceedee1 has been a member since 20/1/2010. Posts: 59

Posted by mikethediver on 10/3/2010 at 04:09

Hi,
When you arrive there will be taxis & airport limos & mini buses.
The Limos & mini buses are booked IN the airport, the metered taxis are outside in the car park - you have to walk out of the airport building to find them. (At least that was how it was it 2009).

I am sure they will all be working up until the last flight arrives.
The question is where do you want to go?

Pick your hotel/guest house and inform them you will be arriving late & get the METERED taxi there (plus 100 baht or so for airport tax).

I like Kata and I would recommend Phuket gardens homes (they have a website of the same name) but you would need to tell them of your late arrival.
You may prefer Patong or wherever.
Late arrival is not a problem.

#8 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Send mikethediver a private message   Website 

Posted by mikethediver on 10/3/2010 at 04:10

Hi,
The Limos & mini buses are booked IN the airport, the metered taxis are outside in the car park - you have to walk out of the airport building to find them. (At least that was how it was it 2009).

Pick your hotel/guest house and inform them you will be arriving late & get the METERED taxi there (plus 100 baht or so for airport tax).

I like Kata and I would recommend Phuket gardens homes (they have a website of the same name) but you would need to tell them of your late arrival.

#9 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206

Posted by mikethediver on 10/3/2010 at 04:10

Hi,

#10 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206

Posted by mikethediver on 10/3/2010 at 04:11

Hi,

#11 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.