Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Easiest/Fastest way from Krabi to Khao Sok

Posted by juliadee on 7/3/2010 at 22:15

What is the easiest way to get from Krabi to Khoa Sok?

How long is the travel time between the two places?

How much should it cost?

Where can I find bus info?

:) Thank you! I itinerary is shaping up!

#1 juliadee has been a member since 3/3/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/3/2010 at 08:42 admin

Fastest way will be tourist minibus -- most guesthouses in Krabi will be able to get you on such a bus straight to Khao Sok - I'd guess fare is a couple of hundred baht. I'm not sure if there is a direct public bus between Krabi and Khao Sok.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,568
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by tezza on 8/3/2010 at 17:24

Yeah, I've used the travellers' minibus. Takes a direct route on good mountain roads vs the < route of the public buses. The public buses will need a change of bus abt midway too.
Can't remember the price but not outrageous - certainly worth the time saved. My bus even dropped me at my bungalow place abt one km down from the main road bus-stop.
Starts in town too, usually picking up from the pier and from travel agents and hotels/guesthouses vs the public bus starting from Krabi bus station about 4km out of town.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,339
 Website 

Posted by juliadee on 8/3/2010 at 17:35

Oh that would be nice! Are we going to be able to get onto a tourist bus without staying anywhere in Krabi first? We would be coming from Phi Phi an then going directly to Khao Sok. Thank you!

#4 juliadee has been a member since 3/3/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by NITraveller on 4/3/2011 at 04:41

Hello, like juliadee I'm also planning on heading to Khao Sok coming from Phi Phi. Does anyone know rough times of the traveller's minibus/if I can book it on arrival at the pier in Krabi ? We won't be staying in Krabi first, I'm hoping to take an early ferry from Phi Phi and ideally head straight to Khao Sok that morning.

#5 NITraveller has been a member since 4/3/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by guava_girl on 6/3/2011 at 07:25

To get to Khao Sok you will probably have to get a mini bus to Phuket and then change from there. There are also public buses.

Either way you should get a bus/mini-bus heading to Phuket but get off in Khok Kloy. From Khok Kloy get a public bus to Khao Sok. There are only 2 a day so you should check the times and make sure you can catch one. It is a Surat Thani bound bus that leaves from Phuket and stops in Khao Lak and Khao Sok along the way.

If you don't get off in Khok Kloy you will waste 2 hours because you will have to go in and out of Phuket. Khok Kloy will by pass it.

#6 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by NITraveller on 6/3/2011 at 18:21

Many thanks! Will see if I can find a bit more info on this route and the times.

#7 NITraveller has been a member since 4/3/2011. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.