Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Travel Help Ko Phangan to Bangkok

Posted by DaviPigg on 9/3/2010 at 06:33

I need to get from Ko Phangan to Bangkok on 3rd April. I need to travel in one day and cheaply. What is the best option? I have checked flight prices on Bangkok Air they are pretty pricey (£100) but is obviously the easiest option. Flights seem really cheap on Asia Air, but only fly from Surat Thani. Is that a pain to travel to? Plus after ferries etc... is it that much cheaper? Any ideas? what other options do i have? Any other budget airlines I don't know about?
Many thanks
Dave

#1 DaviPigg has been a member since 28/2/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by Sparts on 9/3/2010 at 06:52

I've done it. We considered all the options you have andmore. Decided it wasn't worth the effort so took a boat to Samui and then flew from there. A little mnore expensive but much more convenient. Saved us half a day easily - all depends how much you value your time. We decided an extra half day on the beach was worth it.

You of course have other options, there are threads all over this forum with more details, boat/train combo's etc...still, I'd just pay the money for the flight :)

#2 Sparts has been a member since 5/6/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 169
 Where has Sparts been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.