Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Great Trek Experience - Chiang Mia

Posted by caseyprich on 9/3/2010 at 09:15

Last year we went with Pooh Eco-Trekking and had a fantastic 3 day hike and hill tribe stay. Many people have told me they had lackluster time trekking around Chiang Mai but ours was really good. Highly recommended.

The price is steeper than other treks - but we went with only the two of us. As well, the trek and the people we stayed with were incredible. We left no trash, brought lots of our own food in, and ate some rats and things the locals caught (tarantula egg sack is not fantastic like they say). We would totally go on another trek with them. So - not for vegetarians but there idea of low-impact includes seeing the locals sling-shot a bird from a tree for you to munch on for lunch - as they would.

Pooh Eco-Trekking
59 Rajchapakinai Rd, Chiang Mai, 50200
Tel: (053)208-538 Mobile: (085)0414-971
E-mail: remimin@loxinfo.co.th

#1 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 11/3/2010 at 01:09

Good to hear. Also here is Pooh's website http://www.pooh-ecotrekking.com/Pooh.htm. His office is just up the road from mine. I do the more mainstream treks and sometimes point folks to Pooh's place if they want something more specific.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,918

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.