Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand additions forum

Hitting Thailand in May

Posted by andyp3195 on 27/3/2011 at 23:05

Hello everyone,

I will be arriving in Thailand in May after working in South Korea, Singapore and India and will be in the country from May 19. Am planning to spend a short time in Bangkok before hitting the islands! If anyone has an advice on potential places to stay in Bangkok and Phuket for example this would be great.

Would also love to meet up with anyone interested in joining in the fun!

Hope to hear from you soon.

#1 andyp3195 has been a member since 27/3/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 3

Posted by wofter on 14/4/2011 at 01:02

I too arrive from USA on May 19th and want to visit the island. As I understand the norms May is very rainy but I believe at the east or west is better to visit as the rains are less intense. In BKK I stay at a service apt called Somerset Sathon normally and I get an apt with daily maid service and breakfast. I am way past the back pack thing.
If anyone can advise on best plaves to visit in islands for a 4 day period that would be great.

#2 wofter has been a member since 14/4/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by rledez1990 on 30/4/2011 at 03:19

In Phuket it has to be Patong! Try the Lamai Inn (not to be confused with the Lamai Hotel a few building along, although this is run by the same people and is probably pretty much the same) which is on the road which runs parallel to the beach road and is close enough to all the action that you can be at Bangla Road or the beach in just over 5 minutes, and is just far enough away from the action that you can get a good nights sleep! When we visited (in late May) it was only 500b a night (we did book 4 or 5 nights in advance though to get a cheaper deal). Its really good value for money with big double beds, a/c, ensuite, tv/dvd, fridge, wifi and computers downstairs that you can use free of charge!

#3 rledez1990 has been a member since 12/3/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 106
 Send rledez1990 a private message   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.