Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand additions forum

Can I go in and out of Thailand more than 3 times???

Posted by jbarney on 9/10/2012 at 23:18

I am going to be traveling SE Asia starting Nov 5th, I will be going in and out of Thailand more than 3 times to other countries. Does anyone know what I need to get? As in do I need a multiple entry non-immigrant visa? I will be traveling for 120 days. I do know I have to leave Thailand every 30 days but wondering after the 3rd re-entry will Thailand let me come in again? I hope this makes sense cause I am needing the answers! THANK YOU!!!!!

#1 jbarney has been a member since 9/10/2012. Posts: 3
 Send jbarney a private message 

Posted by sayadian on 10/10/2012 at 10:46

That's a tough one. First off it's 30 days if you arrive by air but half of that if you arrive on a land border. I'd say you'd be OK but it might be worth checking a Thai consulate as the Thais seem to make the rules up as they go along.

#2 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Posted by goonistik on 10/10/2012 at 10:54

See here:
http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/55

"Foreigners who enter Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category and would like to leave and re-enter may only stay for a cumulative duration which does not exceed 90 days and is within a 6-month period from the date of first entry. (Passport or travel document must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of first entry)."

So as I understand it, you can go in and out of Thailand provided the cumulative duration of your stay does not exceed 90 days for a 6-month period beginning from date of first entry.

#3 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 563
 Send goonistik a private message   Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by SBE on 10/10/2012 at 13:21

Didn't they scrap the "3 times and you're out" rule a few years ago? I think it's just 90 days stay every six months now. Captain Bob will know I expect.

#4 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,037
 Send SBE a private message   Where has SBE been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.