Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand additions forum

The Outside Inn - Bed & Breakfast / Guest House, Mexican food in Ubon Ratchathani

Posted by brentfenneman on 19/7/2013 at 00:20

The Outside Inn is new place to stay, eat, and drink in the city of Ubon Ratchathani. Set in an intimate garden setting, we're located less than 2 km from the airport and within easy walking distance of the shops, restaurants, bars, and night life found in the east side of downtown Ubon. Rooms are large and are available with AC, HD TV's, premium international satellite, western style pillow-top mattresses, handcrafted real wood furniture, refrigerators with minibar, and free WiFi throughout the property. All rooms include complimentary breakfast including brewed coffee, eggs made to order, fresh fruit, yogurt, juices, and more. We offer three types of rooms ranging in price from 400 - 750 Baht (including breakfast for two). A two room "Family Suite" with connecting doors is also available for groups or families of up to five people.

The restaurant features made-from-scratch Mexican food, other Western choices, and a full Thai menu. Lunch and dinner prices start at just 50 Baht. Our full drink menu includes beer, wine, an extensive cocktail list, coffees / espressos, and other non-alcoholic choices. Classic Thai and Isaan architecture and style are used throughout the property. Please feel free to find more information, view our exact location, and see photos at our website: We can also be found on Facebook:

We would love to welcome you to The Outside Inn someday!

#1 brentfenneman has been a member since 18/7/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 22/7/2013 at 08:56

Looks great value. Good luck with it. I liked Ubon. Off the beaten path but a cool province to visit.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148
 Send LeonardCohen1 a private message 

Posted by exacto on 22/7/2013 at 23:16

Looks nice. Plus, Ubon is a great choice for folks looking for something off the beaten path but that still has solid infrastructure and variety. Hopefully you can set yourself up as a stopover on the way to or on the way back from Pakse and southern Laos or maybe a destination of your own. Good luck!

p.s. I'd love to hear the story about Mexican food. It just isn't a widely available option in Thailand. Cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,679
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by brentfenneman on 24/7/2013 at 01:47

Thank you both for the kind words and well-wishes.

Exacto, the short story on the Mexican is simply that I love Mexican food, and even if I were the only person who ever ate it, any restaurant of ours was going to offer it! = ) The slightly longer story is that my family has owned Mexican restaurants in the US (though they were more fast-food style, much different than what we serve here) for 35 years, so I've spent most of my life around Mexican food. While it is very hard to find Mexican food in Thailand, because the climates are quite similar it's fairly easy to source nearly all of our ingredients locally. We import a good cheese from the Americas, but otherwise we can find or grow pretty much everything else. Hand pressed tortillas, tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole (seasonal), etc. are all made from scratch daily, so we don't require any commercial products, just the raw ingredients.

Thanks again for the nice comments. Hope to cross paths with you all someday.

#4 brentfenneman has been a member since 18/7/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by busylizzy on 24/7/2013 at 02:33

Looks nice - I've added it to my 'list' - I hope to be in the area later this year.

#5 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by MADMAC on 24/7/2013 at 08:06

I live in Mukdahan. It's a motorcycle ride away. I'm coming!

#6 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by neosho on 25/7/2013 at 10:30

At last. Thank you god. See you when I get back.

#7 neosho has been a member since 13/8/2008. Posts: 386

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.