Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand additions forum

Kailash Akhara sustainable yoga

Posted by kailashakhara on 7/8/2014 at 22:26

Kailash Akhara is a yoga & meditation retreat based on a sustainable community in the jungle of North Eastern Thailand.

Kailash Akhara also contains one of the largest yoga mandirs (practice halls) in the world, a stunning Bon mandir, numerous libraries, an open-air gym, children’s playground and retreat huts. We enjoy regional Thai cuisine made with local, fresh ingredients and guests sleep comfortably in our beautiful dorm house, living sustainably in a close relationship with nature.

Kailash Akhara is a unique combination of a Dharma retreat center and an intimate residential dharma community. We run a regular schedule of classes, courses, conferences, short and long retreats and Acarya training programs. You’re also invited to come for a personal practice retreat or work-study program. The center is happy to be a family-friendly environment, therefore family members and children of all ages are welcome. Please come visit us and enjoy being immersed in the natural beauty of northern Thailand.

Our webstite: Yoga & meditation retreat Thailand
Our retreats: Retreats Kailash Akhara

#1 kailashakhara has been a member since 7/8/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by MADMAC on 8/8/2014 at 00:28

"Sustainable Yoga"??? Is there another kind?

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by kailashakhara on 8/8/2014 at 23:42

For a moment there I thought I did a wrong write up. Luckely I did not. I did not write sustainable yoga but sustainable community. Which come to think of it might actually wrong also. Everybody likes to sustain their community I guess. What I mean with this is that with the practice of for example permaculture this community tries to rely only on their own land and tries to involve outside utilities as few as possible.
P.s. As far as I know yoga is for a lot of people not sustainable seeing they quit after a retreat or a few lessons in a studio because it does not fit their schedule.

#3 kailashakhara has been a member since 7/8/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by MADMAC on 9/8/2014 at 04:05

Take a look at your headline:
Kailash Akhara sustainable yoga

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by kailashakhara on 10/8/2014 at 21:19

haha you are right. I do not seem able to change it unfortunately. Thanks for the notification though. I dont think this will ever happen again after this conversation.

#5 kailashakhara has been a member since 7/8/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by MADMAC on 11/8/2014 at 10:12

No worries. Not to be pedantic - just caught the eye. Sustainable is the new buzz word. I try to avoid using buzzwords for that reason.

#6 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by chinarocks on 12/8/2014 at 05:50

Is "outlier" not a buzz word?

#7 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 738

Posted by MADMAC on 12/8/2014 at 10:52

I don't think so... in Travel circles the current favorites have got to be:

1. Amazing
2. Authentic
3. Traditional

In environmental circles:

1. Sustainable
2. Fragile ecosystem (have you ever noticed how all eco system are described as fragile? I've yet to EVER read about a robust eco system).

In the scientific community it is without a doubt "In-situ". Hard to find a modern article without that inserted somewhere, and always with a different meaning depending on the scientific issue at hand.

I don't want to go into pop culture cirlces, it makes my head spin.

#8 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.