Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand additions forum

Thailand: european couple offering help in exchange for homestay for a few weeks

Posted by giusastra on 22/4/2015 at 10:45

Hello!

We are a couple from Italy currently travelling across Thailand, doing homestay in exchange for help in the household and around..

We have been very lucky so far! We have been on koh samui for a few weeks and have visited other islands, but would like to see more of Thailand now.

Our idea is to give back to the local community in any possible way, by exchanging our service/help/skills for accommodation/food, while meeting new people and also doing cultural exchange.

A little about ourselves: I'm in my mid 30's, have experience in many fields and can offer help with English teaching (I lived in an English speaking country for 10 years and have native level fluency not the English language!), or can assist with small arts projects, website maintenance, customer assistance and small cleaning and cooking, as well as child minding and playing.

My husband is a lil more grown up [img]smileys/tongue.gif[/img], in his 50's, and he can do so many things, really!! He is a builder by trade and he can do anything from plumbing to electrics to roofing, wood building, painting, welding, organic farming, cooking, playing guitar and what not!

Ideally, we would fit in in a small farm project or a guesthouse of family homestay, but we will consider all opportunities.

We are available from the beginning of may for about a month.

We are not listed on the usual exchange websites, because we want to keep it easy and spontaneous! We believe in the synchronicity of the universe: whoever is meant to come our way will show up! [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

If you could use some help and host relaxed but dynamic people, please contact us!

I'll then provide a Thai mobile number so we can chat more in detail.

Thanks and namaste!
giusastra

#1 giusastra has been a member since 22/4/2015. Posts: 4
 Send giusastra a private message 

Posted by giusastra on 22/4/2015 at 10:53

I have reposted this in the volunteer forum, if this is more appropriate.

#2 giusastra has been a member since 22/4/2015. Posts: 4

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by MADMAC on 22/4/2015 at 12:33

How rural are you willing to go?

#3 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Posted by giusastra on 22/4/2015 at 23:20

Hi madmac!

We live up the mountains in Italy in the deep countryside, and the first town is 8km by cat..so we are not exactly city people..

I guess, as long as we can get a decent bed and shower we could adapt.

In terms of rural like distance from a village we don't mind as long as there is a means of transport if we need/want to go somewhere now and again?

#4 giusastra has been a member since 22/4/2015. Posts: 4

Posted by MADMAC on 23/4/2015 at 00:45

Bed is a mat on the floor. Shower is a tub of cold water with a bowl for throwing it over yourself. Toilet is a squatter. No western food. No AC. But I do know a place...

#5 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957
 Send MADMAC a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.