Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand additions forum

Day Trip Diving by the Similan Islands

Posted by Giraffe3 on 27/12/2015 at 22:05

Hello!
I will be in Thailand in early February and would like to do a one-day diving trip, preferably around the Similan Islands. I plan on basing myself out of Khao Lak (though could be flexible with this). This will be my first time diving. Does anyone have recommendations for good diving companies and any other words of experience?
Thanks!
Travel well!

#1 Giraffe3 has been a member since 13/12/2015. Posts: 1

Posted by Sd1234 on 28/9/2016 at 07:10

For accommodation in Khoa Lak consider the Monkey Dive hostel. Very friendly, clean and modern.
You can arrange diving through the hostelstress own dive company but the best companies to use are generally Wicked Diving and Khoak Lak Explorer diving. I think the two companies often work together.
Transport in Khoa Lak is sketchy so I'd recommend hiring a scooter. Taxis are mafia run and therefore expensive. Buses aren't very often. Best dive site richelieu rock but it can be rough, you may need to be advanced level to get taken to this dive site. Taichai and similar dive sites are also very good.

For getting home from the beach I used a massage spa, you call them up and tell them where you are, they collect you and take you for a treatment and then take you back to your accommodation. The price of this was generally cheaper than a taxi, so free massage :) Forgot the name of the place but should be online if you search.

#2 Sd1234 has been a member since 28/9/2016. Posts: 3

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.