Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand additions forum

Million Man March 14th March 2010

Posted by Braden on 26/2/2010 at 16:08

Hi,

Anyone know the impact the "million man march" on the 14th March 2010 will have on travel to and from Bangkok if any?

Thanks!!

#1 Braden has been a member since 6/2/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by DLuek on 27/2/2010 at 13:39 TF writer

I'm not sure exactly where the demonstrations are supposed to take place, but hopefully only certain routes will be closed.

However, who knows exactly what will happen. Last April the red shirts took over several bus and train stations for a day or two in several parts of the country and it was tough to get in/out of Bangkok for those couple days.

I'm inclined to think that things won't turn violent like they did last year, but I could very well be wrong, and whether or not the March demonstrations affect travel to/from Bangkok or elsewhere in Thailand remains to be seen. Even the red shirt leaders themselves could not predict how things will go since these types of things tend to take on a life of their own. The fact that things remained peaceful today after the verdict against Thaksin is a good sign, but you really just have to hope for the best and wait and see what happens in March.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,173
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by Braden on 11/3/2010 at 15:49

Thank you kindly for the information! Really appreciate it!

#3 Braden has been a member since 6/2/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by jaatravel on 16/3/2010 at 16:50

Hey,

there's a site provided by the Tourism authorities that gives us reliable info on where+when you shouldn't be at for during the demonstrations.

Check it out before you go anywhere!

http://www.tourismthailand.org/thailandtourismupdate/

But overall, it's quite quiet in the city, nothing dubious

#4 jaatravel has been a member since 15/3/2010. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.