This is a new ebook just launched by Chris Mitchell, the guy that runs the TravelHappy website. For today only, you can download it for free from Amazon. (normally $3.95).
* Seven Reasons To Go Travelling Solo
* How To Budget For A Backpacking Trip
* How To Find Travel Friends
* Six Tips To Deal With Being Scared To Go Travelling
* How To Travel Anywhere When You Only Speak English
* How To Find Cheap Flights Online
* Ten Tips For Surviving Airports
* Seven Tips For Taking A Laptop Travelling
* Make Money Travelling With A Travel Blog
* Packing List For Travelling
* My First Day Backpacking Solo: Bangkok
* Solo Travelling FAQ
* The Last Word
I haven't read it yet so this isn't a recommendation as such, but they often have good info on their website. This might appeal to anyone about to launch into their travels - whether solo or not.
(I have no vested interest in this book. I just heard about it so am sharing the news.)