Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Vietnam/June/Motorbike

Posted by travelhungryboy on 18/5/2010 at 04:09

Hi everyone, Im landing in Hanoi on the 4th June and planning to buy a bike to ride down South. Anyone interested in doing this with me? I hope to couchsurf when possible and take in the scenery, food, culture as much as possible.

#1 travelhungryboy has been a member since 29/4/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 17
 Send travelhungryboy a private message 

Posted by mrnice88 on 18/5/2010 at 20:17

Hi mate, Im flying into Bangkok on 3rd june but its looking like I might as well fly straight out. North to South sounds very interesting and a lot of fun. You know how much a bike would cost and what your time frame would be? dan

#2 mrnice88 has been a member since 21/4/2010. Posts: 16
 Send mrnice88 a private message 

Posted by travelhungryboy on 19/5/2010 at 01:10

Hey mrnice! I have been quoted $400 for a bike, most likely a russian minsk 125cc and with the option of selling it back at the other end for around $250, includes spares. You would be advised to bring your own helmet though as the quality of helmets in SE Asia isn't great. As regards time, I am flying out of Hanoi again on the 1st of July so I would need to either fly back up or get the train from Saigon. I'm on a relatively tight budget (which is why I'm flying out of Hanoi again) so it will be hostels as much as possible and I would like to also see HA Long Bay but at the start or end I can't decide. It is a lot cheaper to do all the tours independently rather than book them through tour companies, in fact I did notice on a sign in a photograph HA Long Tours for the equivalent of a few quid! Anyway, I'm rambling, would be cool if you could join me. Take care, Gareth.

#3 travelhungryboy has been a member since 29/4/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 17
 Send travelhungryboy a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.