Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

London to Bangkok 26th Sept

Posted by sammymac69 on 9/9/2010 at 20:30

Hey people,

Im 28yrs old unbelievably easy-going lad from Scotland looking for a travel buddy (male or female) to travel around S/East Asia (Thailand 1 month, Laos and possibly Vietnam depending on time) - before going down to Singapore to do Australia.

Don't have any particular plans other than to just "wing" it when i get there.

Anyone else going the same time that is as nervous about travelling solo also?

#1 sammymac69 has been a member since 9/9/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by Cabawe on 11/9/2010 at 08:15

Dude, I'm heading down there on the 1st of October for 4-5 weeks, traveling solo, I'm 35 male from South of England working in North Africa.

I have nothing planed as of yet other than I'm going. You can contact me via tcabawe at matiatours dot com or via facebook

Taz

#2 Cabawe has been a member since 11/8/2010. Posts: 18
 Send Cabawe a private message 

Posted by Joss369 on 13/9/2010 at 18:53

Hey there you 2. I fly out and to bangkok on the 30th September and will be spending 5 weeks over there, I have to be in Koh Tao to Scuba dive on the 4th, after that I am free to travel around, I'm nudging 40, but you wouldn't belive it, still a teenager and free spirited, full of adventure, lets hope this trip is as memorable as the last one 5 years ago.

Mail me. Joss369@yahoo.com, Facebook, Jason Roach. I have a K-Swiss t-shirt on.

#3 Joss369 has been a member since 12/7/2010. Posts: 13

Posted by Cabawe on 13/9/2010 at 20:51

You said "diving" tell me some more I may even join you for that.

#4 Cabawe has been a member since 11/8/2010. Posts: 18
 Send Cabawe a private message 

Posted by tangledjungle on 16/9/2010 at 03:22

Hi all,

I'm a 27 yo Irish lad, arriving in Bangkok on the 27th of September.

I have around 4 months to travel around SE Asia before heading for NZ for a month.
I've a very loose route at the moment which I'm expecting will go out the window pretty quickly :)

Very interested in doing a PADI course also, but may leave that until later in the year.
Joss, are you doing a course while in Koh Tao?

Sammy, I was very very nervous about the whole thing up until last week. The excitement has finally taken over. If you fancy meeting for a pint in BKK, just drop me a message.

Barry.

#5 tangledjungle has been a member since 2/7/2010. Location: Ireland. Posts: 8
 Send tangledjungle a private message 

Posted by Joss369 on 16/9/2010 at 19:06

Barry. Yes I am doing the padi diving course on Koh Tao, while looking around at all the different countries in the east, I found that this island is among the cheepest in the world, not to mention a great dive site, it is costing about £190 for the 3 and 1/2 day course, which enables you to dive up to 15 metre's.

#6 Joss369 has been a member since 12/7/2010. Posts: 13

Posted by shutterbug on 18/9/2010 at 14:02

Hi all..
me going to thailand for a week in Oct..but keen on Full moon party !!
anyone going that way?
Cheers !

#7 shutterbug has been a member since 18/9/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by sammymac69 on 22/9/2010 at 23:37

Barry, sounds good mate. The excitement is taking over me now as well. Can't wait!!

I've literally just booked everything last minute, and i leave Heathrow at 10pm on Sunday and arrive in Bangkok 3pm on 27th.

Whats your email add?? or facebook??

You can add Sam McCallum on Facebook (Im the one looking miserable at T in park music festival and surrounded my tents wearing a red jacket)

Im in S.E Asia for 3months, want to do diving at some point, and then im over to Sydney for New Year.

#8 sammymac69 has been a member since 9/9/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by tangledjungle on 27/9/2010 at 03:15

Hey Sammy,

I couldn't find your pic on facebook.

You can get me by searching bdevenney (at) gmail.com or just fire me an email.

I'm the one riding an inflatable bull . . . :)

Safe flight!

#9 tangledjungle has been a member since 2/7/2010. Location: Ireland. Posts: 8
 Send tangledjungle a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.