Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

29 yr solo male traveling around SE Asia. February through May

Posted by alaskn81 on 9/10/2010 at 05:47

Hi there,

My name is Keith, Im 29 and currently in the US Navy. Ill be getting out in December time frame spending some time with the family and then off to travel South East Asia areas until the Summer time where I will then start earning a degree in Hawaii.

Im originally from a village in South East Alaska and have been in the military since I was 19.
pretty easy going person here who likes to have a bit of fun and I like to explore a bit.

I will be heading out solo unless I meet up with someone from this site that has similiar plans in mind.
I have spent a lot of time in Japan and having short visits in ports while in the Navy. but really we would just stop by cities for a few days and not really get a good experience.
My schedule is fairly flexible besides the months I have in mind. Im up for any places in Thailand, it seems like Bangkok is a great place to start out since its cheap to travel to any surrounding countries. Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia and other places could be good if you have some suggestions.
Im not looking to camp out everywhere I go but im not looking for high end either.
So im looking for middle of the road or budget traveling.

I love to do all the normal sighseeing, on and off the beaten path. Im not into anything crazy
but something like bunjee jumping, diving, white water rafting, enjoying the nightlife and just relaxing
can all be some good things too.

So if you have any suggestions or think my plans go along with what you have in mind let me know.

Keith

#1 alaskn81 has been a member since 9/10/2010. Location: United States. Posts: 2
 Send alaskn81 a private message 

Posted by steph1982 on 16/12/2010 at 07:55

Hey Keith

Im a 28 yr old female travelling from scotland solo. I arrive bangkok 18th jan, plan to stay there for few days then do some island hopping although nothing set in stone. planning to travel 6-8 weeks in thailand before heading to Oz
if your travelling these dates and interested in similar travels then give me shout

thanks Steph

#2 steph1982 has been a member since 16/12/2010. Posts: 4
 Send steph1982 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.