Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

solo 30 y.o female traveller from UK Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia

Posted by beatgirl98 on 19/11/2010 at 15:31

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a companion for my trip. I'm starting in Cambodia, where I've been volunteering teaching English for 4 months. I plan to spend 2 weeks or so exploring the bits of Cambodia I haven't been to (Koh Kong and Mondulkiri), then Vietnam (3-4 weeks) for the cities, coast and mountains, then to Laos for maybe 3-4 weeks and Thailand (North and islands) for a month before going to down to Singapore via the Malaysian jungle train.

None of my plans are set in stone though - and I may well travel to Japan or China to meet a friend who's living in Japan. I think it'd be good to meet up with someone to travel with on the way to make things a bit cheaper and also more fun (especially Halong Bay and Viang Vang).

I'm a 30 year old female from England (Manchester/ Liverpool way).If anyone fancies joining me let me know. Anna

#1 beatgirl98 has been a member since 19/11/2010. Posts: 9
 Send beatgirl98 a private message 

Posted by yipe on 24/11/2010 at 10:28

Hey Anna! I just finished a month in Indonesia and I'm swinging through KL & Singapore before 2 weeks in Burma. After that I'm headed to Cambodia for the last two weeks of December then plan to head to Laos, Vietnam, and Thailand in 2011. email me (photo at yipe dot org) if you want to meet up or swap stories & travel plans :)

#2 yipe has been a member since 2/9/2010. Location: United States. Posts: 7
 Send yipe a private message   Website 

Posted by Nomey on 29/11/2010 at 10:41

Hi Anna

I'm a first time traveller heading over to SEA from Aus in 5 days, really excited! Will be in Thailand for first 5 days then really want to go to Cambodia and northern Loas.
I am also a teacher and would love to know where you did your volunteer work.
I'm 32 and keen to catch up so if you are still thinking you may be in the area around that time or have any tips please let me know.

#3 Nomey has been a member since 20/11/2010. Posts: 3
 Send Nomey a private message 

Posted by beatgirl98 on 4/12/2010 at 11:53

Hi Nomey

I guess you might be here by now!!!!

Hope you're getting on well with the travels - I can give you lots of tips about Siem Reap (where I've been working), and some about other places in Cambodia too. If you want to you can email me at my username at hotmail dot com- and we can chat that way.

Good luck - and hoepfully we'll catch up soon,

A xx

#4 beatgirl98 has been a member since 19/11/2010. Posts: 9
 Send beatgirl98 a private message 

Posted by j4s on 5/6/2012 at 06:49

Hi All
Just wondering if you have all already completed your travels?

#5 j4s has been a member since 3/6/2012. Posts: 21
 Send j4s a private message 

Posted by Retroscan on 30/10/2012 at 22:04

Hey Anna
I'm gonna be visiting Thailand between 28th December n 12th January 2013.
Booked a house there so accommodation will be free for anyone staying with me.. Could be a group or single traveller .. But not more than 4 people as its a 3 room accommodation :) for further correspondence

#6 Retroscan has been a member since 30/10/2012. Posts: 7
 Send Retroscan a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.