Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Gathering for the full moon party

Posted by duncuk on 15/4/2011 at 22:36

Hi All,

I'm a solo traveller looking to gather a group together of solo and coupled travellers for the Full Moon party in May.

Anyone interested?

#1 duncuk has been a member since 15/4/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by sizzflair on 20/4/2011 at 01:53

If you want to go to the June 15 one, I'm down for that.

#2 sizzflair has been a member since 20/4/2011. Posts: 7

Posted by duncuk on 20/4/2011 at 01:58

im not going to rule it out :-) I will post back on here closer to the time

#3 duncuk has been a member since 15/4/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by ekbenson on 20/4/2011 at 04:27

Hey!

Ill be there. Im staying on Ko Phangan in a hostel near the main beach, about 15 min away. Ive already booked my place bc they are filling up now for next month. I recommend you do the same.

#4 ekbenson has been a member since 28/2/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by duncuk on 20/4/2011 at 19:42

Hey, thanks for the heads up. Where do I book it? Is there a website or anything?
Dunc

#5 duncuk has been a member since 15/4/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by ekbenson on 20/4/2011 at 23:43

I used Hostelworld.com to find good places and ended up booking at Becks Resort.

Im sure all the hostels will be booked and it will be easy to meet tons of people. There is a min night stay/ 10%deposit at some hostels over the FMP which is normal.

I would take into account what you are looking for when you book the hostel, being right on the main beach sounds fun but also a little intense, for me at least, when I would want to sleep/relax the next day. Just think about what you are looking for bc you will be there for more than just the party night. I am looking to island hop, snorkel, and enjoy the beautiful beaches during the day as well.

#6 ekbenson has been a member since 28/2/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by Kellyvanh on 21/4/2011 at 05:29

Sounds cool! I'll be there for the Full Moon Party -- after a lovely 10 day detox at the Sanctuary @ Haad Tien :-)
Still need to book accomodation for around the FMP... will have look now as well...`

Grtz,
Kelly

#7 Kellyvanh has been a member since 21/4/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by brokestock on 25/4/2011 at 13:21

Hey guys..I'm up for meeting up and heading to the Ful moon party. We'll be arriving in bangkok on the 26th in the evening. If anyone is still in Bangkok at that time and would like to meet up?

#8 brokestock has been a member since 8/5/2010. Posts: 12
 Send brokestock a private message 

Posted by brokestock on 25/4/2011 at 14:34

ekbenson- how was your experience booking at hostelworld.com? Im looking at accomodations now also. I was thinking of booking The Hostel at Koh Phangan.

#9 brokestock has been a member since 8/5/2010. Posts: 12
 Send brokestock a private message 

Posted by jnelson232 on 25/4/2011 at 14:46

Hey guys

Having been to the FMP two years ago I would definitely recommend you not stay on the main beach. The day after the party the beach is disgusting, trash everywhere and 10,000 people using the beach as a toilet is probably something you don't want to dive into to get rid of your hangover.

On the opposite side of town there are some more low key hostels and still walking distance from the main beach. I stayed at Coral Bay Bungalows and loved it. The beach there is a little rocky but they have a pool, a really awesome restaurant, and friendly staff. Plus its a great place to meet other travelers to go out and party with.

Have fun and don't bring ANYTHING valuable with you to the FMP.

#10 jnelson232 has been a member since 28/3/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 37
 Send jnelson232 a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.