Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

June 2011. Thailand + Full moon party/Cambodia, Vietnam or Laos

Posted by sizzflair on 26/4/2011 at 10:55

I'm a 23 year old male from New York, USA. I'm planning to be in Thailand/Cambodia,Laos, or Vietnam for the whole month of June. Probably 2 weeks in Thailand and 2 weeks in one of the three locations. Trying to set up an itinerary right now, but I definitely want to hit up the full moon party mid June in Thailand. I'm sociable, outgoing, and likes to experience new cultures/food. I'm down for walking a few hours and trekking as well. I also have some military background so it might be useful if things get hairy for some reason haha.

A working plan:

1. Chaing Mai (Fly in... stay 3-4 days)
- Train to Bangkok (about 1 day of travel)
2. Bangkok (4-5 days)
- Train to Ko Phangan/Ko Samui (about 1 day of travel)
3. Ko Phangan/Ko Samui (6-7 days... including Full Moon Party on 16 JUN)
- Fly to Cambodia, Laos, or Vietnam. (or take the train back to Bangkok and go from there)
4. about 2 weeks in one of the 3 locations... then fly out around end of June

Let me know if you are interested. Email me: or feel free to post here

I've backpacked around Germany on my own and can speak Korean/some German.

#1 sizzflair has been a member since 20/4/2011. Posts: 7

Posted by ryanm24 on 28/4/2011 at 08:52

Hello ,

I am already set for May but I am going to the Philippines first, so maybe we could somewhere in June?

#2 ryanm24 has been a member since 25/4/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 11
 Send ryanm24 a private message   Where has ryanm24 been? 

Posted by ryanm24 on 2/5/2011 at 04:58

just let me know whenever man or you can hit me up while your over there.

#3 ryanm24 has been a member since 25/4/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 11
 Send ryanm24 a private message   Where has ryanm24 been? 

Posted by DDavies on 25/5/2011 at 06:26

I'm flying into Bangkok on the 5th and heading down to Ko Phangan till the 11th. After that, I'm easy, not sure if I want to hang around waiting for the full moon party though. I'm flying out of Bangkok on July 10th so want to see how far I can get into Cambodia and hopefully Vietnam. I'm totally new to this part of the world, but have done a fair bit of travelling elsewhere. I'm 24/m from the UK. Gives us a shout if you fancy some company.

#4 DDavies has been a member since 26/3/2011. Posts: 7

Posted by frank11 on 10/12/2011 at 03:48

Everyone arrives to Koh Phangan prepped with some expectations of the Full Moon Party, through travel guides or word of mouth. I really want to do it all full moon party, remote beautiful spots, every Im starting in Thailand then off to cambodia, vietnam, malaysia and bali . the night of the full moon, this festival commemorates a speech given by Celebrated in parties, and hundreds of the southern province of Laos,Thailand,Cambodia and Vietnam is also held. .
Nikki Beach Miami

#5 frank11 has been a member since 29/11/2011. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.