Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Travel buddy for Vietnam. Arrive Vietnam (Saigon) 11 June. 30/m backpacker.

Posted by SteveRST on 8/5/2011 at 20:25

Hi all!

I'm arriving Saigon on 11th June and am keen to meet up with some like-minded travel buddies to share our adventures in Vietnam! I'll be in Vietnam for around a month, and am pretty keen to buy a motorbike and tour around on that. Maybe do more conventional travelling too though - I'm pretty flexible, nothing much planned yet. Basic plan is to travel from South to North!

I'm an English backpacker (32! But don't let that scare you - no-one believes me when I tell them that!). Pretty chilled out guy, love exploring, snorkelling/diving, walking, seeing awesome views and of course having quite a few beers and a good time too!

#1 SteveRST has been a member since 8/5/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 6
 Send SteveRST a private message 

Posted by mibbles on 15/5/2011 at 02:16

Hey Steve,

I'm flying into Hanoi on June 5th so I'm travelling North-South so maybe we can meet in the middle :-p

Pretty flexible about what to do as long as I'm having a good time. Want a mix of adventure/chill out/party.

If you want to meet up at some stage email me at

#2 mibbles has been a member since 31/3/2011. Posts: 11

Posted by Andy1979 on 16/5/2011 at 00:49

Hey dude you're a man after my own heart - I'm landing in Bangkok on 28th May and I have no fixed agenda, but I've always been thinking that motorbike adventure would be awesome. I don't think I can promise to be there at the moment, but why don't you add me to facebook and we'll see what happens? My facebook is on my profile.

I was looking at Laos - there's some awesome-looking bike routes there on high mountain plateaus and you can hire road bikes or even dirtbikes for it.

#3 Andy1979 has been a member since 15/5/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 5
 Send Andy1979 a private message   Website 

Posted by SteveRST on 24/5/2011 at 08:57

Good to hear from you guys! Yeah, I'll keep in touch and maybe we can meet at some stage in Vietnam.
Andy - I can't see yr profile - it doesn't seem to let me.

Any more ppl interested in meeting up around HCMC in mid June?

#4 SteveRST has been a member since 8/5/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 6
 Send SteveRST a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.