Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

38/F - travelling to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos (and possibly Indonesia) from Jan 2012

Posted by michele1273 on 2/11/2011 at 15:21

Hi
I've decided to travel round SE Asia next year for 6 months and doing it solo. Feeling slightly nervous, but *really* starting to look forward to it now - esp. as the clocks have gone back in the UK!

I'm pretty easy going and fun-loving and looking forward to experiencing the local culture - whether it be temples, food or nightlife!

So, if anyone is going to be round Bangkok round the second week of January and fancies hooking up, then please get in touch :-)

Michele

#1 michele1273 has been a member since 10/8/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 1

Posted by naturescot on 19/11/2011 at 05:36

Hi, I am hoping to travel to SE Asia too Jan/Feb, I have a month off work buut not sure where to go, I was thinking Burma but doesnt seem that easy to travel around. The other place I would love to go is Indonesia, but have heard it is monsoon at that time of year. I have been to Thailand and Malaysia and really enjoyed my time there.
Not sure how to private message on this forum as I have just joined.
If you are still looking for a travel companion please get in touch.

#2 naturescot has been a member since 19/11/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by altmtl on 19/11/2011 at 08:44

I arrive in BK Jan.3rd, will be about until April 1st - Laos & Cambodia too... I'm not looking for a travel companion per say, just to meet up with fellow travels here and there.

#3 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by WandrerW on 23/11/2011 at 17:08

Hi all.

Will be in BKK between Jan 7 and 20, with a trip up north between 10th and 14th. Looking to explore the city with no specific schedule as of now, though have a few places in mind. If anyone wants to meet up that would be great.

#4 WandrerW has been a member since 22/11/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by altmtl on 23/11/2011 at 17:08

PM: https://www.travelfish.org/board/post/aboutus/10489_private-messaging-on-travelfish

see also SEA 2012 - GT's & Meet ups http://bitly.com/rzhVAh on Facebook

#5 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992

Posted by jammac on 23/11/2011 at 17:26

I'll be travelling through Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos from April until the end of that month. I should have a motorbike so pm if you want a lift!

#6 jammac has been a member since 23/11/2011. Location: Earth. Posts: 12

Posted by altmtl on 23/11/2011 at 17:58

It's obvious people are a little confused about the PM system here! You must go to your profile and enable the function.

Adding a few details and a pic adds a nice touch as well - :)

#7 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992

Posted by missgeo on 29/11/2011 at 23:51

Hi Michele,

I'm going to be flying into Bangkok around the 10th or 11th of Jan and I'm hoping to do Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam. I'm going solo too and am looking for a travel buddy! I'm nervous too but I figure once the ball gets rolling it'll get better. If you're interested in traveling together, let me know and we can meet at a hostel in Bangkok somewhere!

Happy trip planning!

Charlotte

#8 missgeo has been a member since 19/3/2011. Location: Canada. Posts: 9
 Twitter 

Posted by scootie15 on 13/1/2012 at 09:36

Hi Michele.
I will be in Siem Reap Jan. 15 thru 19th...will you be there at that time? I am 42/f, active, easy going looking to hang out in the evening for dinner/drinks.

#9 scootie15 has been a member since 13/1/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by JosiiKai on 14/1/2012 at 06:01

Hi Michele

I am also going to be traveling for 6 months and a bit nervous about being a solo female traveler. I am commencing my travels in Indonesia at the Gili Islands, then heading to Borneo. I am hoping to then head to Myanmar and keen to travel through Thailand, Laos, China and even considering Sri Lanka. I am open to traveling to other areas of Asia etc. and very interested in having a travel companion who is near my age and open to a cultural experience.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Jos

#10 JosiiKai has been a member since 14/8/2011. Location: Australia. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.